Here are a few meal ideas to help you with some inspiration.
A lot of these ingredients and parts of these meals are interchangeable. What is important is to find meals that you enjoy.
The key is to make your meals satisfying and filling enough that you don’t feel the need to snack. Food volume helps with this, so bulk out your meals with lots of veg!
- Porridge with a scoop of protein powder or a shake on the side and some dark chocolate
- Porridge or Wheetabix with yoghurt and some blueberries
- Baked beans on toast
- Scrambled eggs on toast
- Cook off some small tomatoes and peppers with garlic and balsamic vinegar as a side
Lunch + Dinner
- Rice, veggie meat replacement (or meat), salsa and a can of sweetcorn
- Pasta with a few handfuls of frozen veg and meat replacement, cooked with garlic and finished with a drizzle of olive oil
- Stir fry
- Egg fried rice
- Chilli con carne
- Halloumi salad bowl
- Curry (try one of the recipes in the recipe section)
- Yoghurt with fruit
- Protein bar
Nutritional values of basic foods
Below you will find the calorie amount and protein amount of various food sources per 100g. It is important to note that these nutritional values aren’t 100% accurate, but it gives you a rough idea of how much certain foods contain
|Calories (per 100g)||Protein (per 100g)|
|Basmati Rice (dry)||351kcal||7.8g|
|Green Lentils (tinned)||96kcal||6g|
|Black Beans (tinned)||110kcal||7.5g|