Here's everything you need to get started
To get the most out of us working together you’ll need to download a few apps to get set up.
1) PT Distinction or Everfit – This is where I will deliver your workouts, along any habits we’re working on. More details on this will be sent to you in an email once you’ve completed the start up information form
2) MyFitnessPal – This is where you track your food and drink intake.
What I expect from you:
1. To Check In – This is absolutely necessary. I understand that life happens and we forget things, and I will try my hardest to balance reminding you and not being annoying. However, if you don’t respond after two reminders then I will not chase you up.
2. Communication – I love it when clients ask me questions! Honestly it is the best way for you to gain the most from this and take away things that will help you for the rest of your life, so please don’t be shy! Also, if there’s anything we need to change at any point then that’s absolutely fine. I would rather know so that we can come up with an alternative.
3. Always be looking to find solutions instead of problems – There is no problem we cannot work together to find a solution for, but you have to want to find them.
What you can expect from me:
1. To fully support and encourage you. We’re a team and I want you to win! Seriously, I only want the best for you and I absolutely want you to succeed.
2. To work to provide you with whatever you need, whether that be meal ideas, workouts or just moral support. Let me know!
3. Absolute honesty. I’m not here to screw you over. My goal is that you go away and don’t have to worry about this part of your life ever again. I want you to go away with the tools, knowledge and confidence you need so that you can get on with enjoying life.
Key principles to seeing results:
Here are a few key principles that I’d like you to think about moving forward. How we approach our goals is key to seeing results, and below are some of the main ones we will use to get you to where you want to be!
The most important part of this whole process is what we call ‘non-negotiables’. If you do these daily then you will see amazing results, I guarantee it!
The non-negotiables are:
1) Nutrition goals – This is a combination of an average daily calorie target and a minimum protein intake. I will set these depending on your goals. On top of this I want you to eat at least 5 portions of fruit and vegetables per day.
2) Step target – This is a weekly average.
3) A workout target – A minimum of 3 workouts per week, and a maximum of 5 (rest is equally important!).
4) Support – I am here to help and support you through your journey. If you need help – ASK! If you have any questions then feel free to send me a message. If you are struggling then please reach out.
5) IMPERFECT ACTION – Being consistently good is better than being occasionally perfect. Averages over time will keep you progressing more than your ability to be perfect!
Focus on process goals, not outcome goals
This means focusing on ticking off the things you need to do daily in order to move toward your goal. The result then takes care of itself.
Focusing on the process gives you a constant source of motivation, as you feel like you are constantly accomplishing things.
If we only focus on the goal, then we risk not feeling good until we get there, which causes motivation to dip.
For example, instead of setting a goal as “lose X lbs” and constantly focusing on that, here’s what we do:
- 1) Set a goal
- 2) Break it down into smaller, process goal we need to do daily/weekly to get us there
- 3) “Forget” about the initial goal
- 4) Focus on the process goals, knowing that they are taking us toward our main goal
These are also SUPER important.
Check-ins are where we work together to help you get through any roadblocks you may have. This makes them especially important to do on the weeks where you are struggling the most!