Quite simply the best protein bar I’ve ever made. the beautiful thing about these is that as long as you stick with the basic guidelines to make a ‘batter’ that isn’t too wet or too dry, you can put whatever you want in them.
Time to make: 10-30 minutes
- Vanilla whey protein (200g)
- Coconut flour (140g)
- Nut butter (60g)
- Milk or a milk replacement (240ml-300ml)
- Dark chocolate (optional)
- Just combine all of the ingredients together in a large bowl (except the dark chocolate).
- The trickiest part will be getting the consistency right. When I tried these the first time I put way too much milk in, which meant I had to add more coconut flour and whey. The consistency of the milk or milk replacement will determine how much you use (I used an Omega 3 flax based drink which was quite watery). Either way, if it gets too wet for you to form into bars/balls/one big block then just add more whey or coconut flour, or put them in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Form into bars/balls/a block, preferably onto some greaseproof paper.
- (OPTIONAL) Melt some dark chocolate and then drizzle it over the top.
- Pop in the freezer or 20 minutes or a bit longer .
- Keep ’em in the fridge!
Nutritional Breakdown (based on the above measurements cut into 8 bars)
- Calories: 231
- Protein: 27
- Carbs: 13
- Fat: 7